Northern Lights Nail Art Tutorial


I love everything related to the sky and I love incorporating it into nail art. I was sent some full nail wraps from Banggood.com. They look like the Northern Lights also known as Aurora Borealis.

The Aurora Borealis happens when gaseous particles from the Earth's atmosphere collide with charged particles from the Sun's atmosphere. The amount of oxygen and distance from Earth will give the lights their unique color. Less oxygen results in yellow/green lights and more oxygen displays blue/purple lights.

Pretty awesome, huh?





I started by trimming the nail wraps to fit my nail, then I lined up the nail wrap with one side of my nail and lightly stretched it over to the other side. I smoothed the nail wrap to remove most of the creases. I used a hair dryer on the low, warm setting to soften the adhesive so it would be easier to smooth out the nail wrap. After I smoothed all the nail wraps out I applied a fast drying topcoat.

More photos below:




Thanks so much for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment